We want to improve the UK’s policies on human trafficking for labour exploitation so that fewer people experience this abuse and those who do are supported to gain justice and rebuild their lives.
We take our research and expertise to decision-makers to advocate for changes to benefit at-risk and trafficked persons.
Key work aimed at securing policy change has included:
- Oral evidence to the Public Bills Committee on the Immigration Bill 2019
- Shaping the Director of Labour Market Enforcement’s understanding of the continuum of exploitation
- Participation in the Immigration White Paper consultation to advocate for worker protections in post-Brexit migration plans
- Co-chairing the Home Office Modern Slavery Strategy Implementation Group subgroup on prevention
- Influencing the UN Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of slavery's report on women in the workplace
We regularly submit evidence-based expert responses to government consultations, such as:
- On sexual harassment in the workplace (2019) (in partnership with the Latin American Women's Rights Service)
- On a single labour market enforcement body (2019)
- On agency workers (2018)
- On enforcement of employment rights (2018)
- On deregulation (2018)
- On reducing modern slavery (2018)
Find out more of our latest policy news and thinking on our updates page.